Join the conversation:
Thursday, January 28th
7-8 pm live on St. Joseph North Sydney Facebook page
Can be viewed live or any time after the event:
300 days – A Case Study on Adolescence Mental Health
Guest Presenter: Paige Cox, CBU Student
Moderator: Norma Blinkhorn, Coordinator, Diocese of Antigonish Youth Ministry
With Pastor Fr. Douglas MacDonald
7:00 Pm – Welcome – Norma Blinkhorn
7:05 Pm – Presenter Paige Cox
7:30 Pm – Testimony John Ratchford
7:50 Pm – Questions
7:55 Pm – Mental Health Prayer
Together, let’s lift the silence on mental health.
For mental health services and support:
- Call 211 – 24 hours a day
- NS Mental Health Crisis Line: – 1-888-429-8167
- Kids Help Phone (youth 30 years and under)
Text: 686868 type word: talk
- Covid & Stress Self-refer: No doctor necessary
Mental Health central intake line
Anonymous, paid by MSI, anyone in Canada can
see psychologist in a week, vs months like normal.
Team of Professionals; doctors, social workers, counsellors
all available by phone, Zoom, or if necessary in person.
- Good 2Talk- a free, 24-hour, 365 day per year call-in service
for post-secondary education students. The service can be
accessed by phoning 1-833-292-3698
- 7 Cups – a free online peer support service for students.
The service trains volunteer listeners and students are able to choose their
listener based on the listener’s experiences and can follow their own “growth
path” to monitor progress.
- Kognito- a health simulation that uses interactive, practice-based gatekeeper training
programs to teach students, faculty and staff how to
1) identify students exhibiting signs of psychological distress,
2) approach students to discuss their concerns, and
3) make referrals to university counselling resources.
- Canada Suicide Prevention Service
Toll free 1-833-456-4566
- The Child Disability Benefits Group
Funding for families with disabilities