There are two positions currently seeking applicants:
Executive Assistant (full time) and Video Illustrator/Multimedia (summer youth position, 8 weeks)
Executive Assistant, Antigonish
Duration: Full time, permanent position
The Diocese of Antigonish is seeking an Executive Assistant. This confidential position provides executive assistance to the Bishop of Antigonish and the Chancellor of the Diocese. This person is the primary contact for the Chancery Office.
1. Provide administrative services for the Bishop of the Diocese of Antigonish and for the Chancellor including emails, calendar, correspondence, reports and special projects.
2. Maintain the effective and efficient operation of the Chancery Office.
3. Exhibit the ministry of hospitality to visitors and in response to all inquiries.
4. Manage the document processing, handling and storage related to the Diocesan Archives.
5. Conduct archival searches and provide resource materials as requested.
6. Compile data and prepare a variety of reports using Word, Excel, Adobe
Administrative Experience of 5 years or more
Experience in computer programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe
Experience in preparing reports that require research, accuracy and deadlines
Valid driver’s license
Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgement in interacting with public
Ability to maintain confidentiality and work alone in an office setting
Must be approved through Responsible Ministry Protocols (criminal record check, vulnerable sector check, child abuse registry)
Preference will be given to those who are practicing Catholics in good standing; who are active and faithful members of their parish
Email a resume and a cover letter to Bishop Wayne Kirkpatrick by May 20th, 2022
Employment Opportunity: Summer
Video Illustrator/Multimedia Work
Duration: Eight weeks beginning July 4, 2022
30 hours per week, $15.00 per hour
Location: Diocesan Pastoral Centre – Emmaus Centre, 200 Churchill Drive, Suite 103, Membertou, NS
The successful candidate will:
- work with a team to design, film, edit, and produce a series of short videos
- require a working knowledge of creating videos using a smart phone
- need a working knowledge of the applications to edit audio and video
Please feel free to attach any video work you may have completed.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Antigonish includes the Roman Catholic Deaneries, Parishes, offices and clergy of the 7 counties of Northeastern Nova Scotia; three counties on the mainland (Antigonish, Pictou and Guysborough Counties) as well as all of Cape Breton Island (Richmond, Inverness, Victoria, and Cape Breton Counties). The Seat of the Diocese is located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, in the St. Ninian Cathedral with the Chancery Office located at 168 Hawthorne St.