A request for your assistance from Bishop Dunn:
To assist in the consultation, he is asking that people reflect on the following questions:
- 1. What past experiences should be shared with the universal Church, so that, by mutually listening to these happenings, the universal Church can recognize where the Spirit is leading her in the work of evangelization?
- 2. What specific pastoral activity has benefited by undertaking the “new evangelization”?
- Describe any changes or any significant renewal that has occurred. Describe any obstacles or tensions which may have been encountered in this regard.
- 3. Our Christian communities are experiencing significant changes. What are the principal characteristics of these changes in our local Churches?
- 4. How are our Christian communities places which provide people with a spiritual experience or an experience of a personal encounter, communion and “living” the mystery of Christ?
- 5. What can you personally do to contribute to the process of the New Evangelization?
"If you wish to submit your personal input to assist Bishop Dunn in his preparation for the Synod of Bishops on the New Evangelization, you can either complete the questions online or email your responses to the above questions directly to: Bishop Brian Dunn before the end of May 2012."
These questions can be found in Bishop Dunn's Letter to Parishioners:
Letter to parishioners (English)